NYS Partnership Agent Training
As of January 1, 2021, there are no insurers offering new Partnership policy purchases in New York State. Historically, the Partnership Agent Training Certification Course was required for any insurer to sell or market NYS Partnership policies. The Partnership training and certification is still available to agents who wish to refresh their knowledge of the NYS Partnership requirements as well as gain 6 CE credits toward their licensure.”
Provider Approval #NYPO-100417
In order to sell or market New York State Partnership for Long-Term Care insurance, the New York State Department of Health requires New York State licensed agents to complete an online training and pass an online monitored exam to become Partnership-certified. The training takes about six (6) hours to complete.
The training and exam are not a requirement of the New York State Department of Financial Services. However, the New York State Department of Financial Services has approved this training for six (6) continuing education (CE) credits which may be used for license renewal by agents and brokers who complete the training and pass the exam.
New York State licensees eligible for continuing education credits are:
C1 (Life Consultants)
LA (Life/Accident and Health Agents)
LB (Life Broker)
LSB (Life Settlement Broker)
PC (Property and Casualty Agents)
If you are already certified to sell or market Partnership insurance it is not mandatory to do this training. If you would like to do the training without receiving CE credits or paying the $100 fee you can still sign into the training as a refresher.
Step 1 - System Requirements:
This online training requires the following:
- Internet access with a high-speed connection; Internet Explorer 7+ (*preferred).
- You will need the most current Adobe Reader (free download from http://get.adobe.com/reader/).
Step 2 - Registration:
Please send us by email email@example.com a copy of your check and registration form before you mail it.
Print and complete the Registration Form. Mail the completed registration form and a check in the amount of $100 payable to NYS Partnership Program/HRI to:
NYS Partnership for Long-Term Care
NYS Department of Health
One Commerce Plaza, Rm. 1620
Albany, NY 12210
Also due to COVID 19 we are working from home.. Besides mailling Please email us a copy of your check and registration form to: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your understanding.
- Checks are non-refundable.
- Money orders are preferred.
- Cash or credit cards are not acceptable forms of payment.
- You will not be able to take the exam until we have received your registration form and check.
Step 3 – Approved Monitor:
Att. At this time (Covid-19) the Department of Financial Services has deferred the need for a monitor to be present for the exam.
At this time we are working from home and the Partnership will monitor your final exam from home.
Step 4 – Self-Enrollment:
To access the online training, click here http://nyspltctraining.org/login/index.php
- You will need to create a user name and password.
- Go to the self-enrollment located on the right of the page. Please read through the training material in its entirety.
- Once you login you will have 30 days from enrollment to complete the training and exam.
Step 5 – E-Learning:
Before you enroll in the e-learning, please remember to mail your completed registration form and check to the State Partnership office (see Step 2). The e-learning consists of three New York State Partnership for Long-Term Care agent training modules. At the end of each module, there is a quiz to test your knowledge of the material related to the corresponding module. Please note that the quizzes are designed to test your understanding of the material; they are not the actual exam. The e-learning also consists of one PowerPoint presentation.
Step 6 – Schedule Exam:
he/she must email the State Partnership office at email@example.com for the exam key code. In order to be issued a key code, the email must contain the following:
- The student’s full name
- The students New York State Insurance License #
- Exact date and time you will be taking the final exam. Please request between 7:00am and 4:00pm Eastern Time weekdays.
Please allow 48 hours to receive the key code; longer on weekends and national holidays. The State Partnership office is staffed 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday, except national holidays.
Step 7 – Take Exam:
We will be monitoring the exam from our home weekdays between 7:00am and 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
- The exam contains three sections with a total of 50 questions and you are allowed one hour. Grade is pass/fail.
Section 1: 17 Medicaid Questions
Section 2: 27 Partnership Questions
Section 3: 6 Long-Term Care Questions
In order to pass this exam agents must correctly answer
12 out of 17 Medicaid questions (Section 1) and
23 out of 33 Partnership and Long-Term Care questions (Sections 2 & 3)
- If you pass you will be notified by email as to when you can expect to receive your certification documents. The State Partnership office will notify the New York State Department of Financial Services of your successful completion of CE credits. You are responsible for notifying any insurance companies.
- If you do not pass you will be notified by email with directions on how to schedule a retake exam. The first retake exam is free. The retake exam will also require the presence of a New York State Department of Financial Services approved monitor. If you do not pass the second time, you must purchase the course again.
Copyright © 1998-2021 New York State Partnership for Long-Term Care. All rights reserved.